Saturday, September 10, 2011

Véjà Du Image: Revealed!



When we see a candle warmer, we know right away that its main function is it releases scents that will either set off our allergies, create a certain mood, help us reminisce about certain events, or trigger our hunger pangs.  Nevertheless, the concept of véjà du taught me to think differently and to understand there is more to its familiar attributes if you are observant enough to discover them.

In Part I, I asked you to stare at the images that I took.  That was basically how I spent my time during the Labor Day weekend.  I tried looking at the ceramic candle warmer through different angles. I started out taking shots of the candle warmer in a zoomed out setting.  As I zoomed in to it, I noticed there was a tiny pink image peeking through the jar holes and it almost blends in with the cherry blossoms on the jar.  And if you look closely through the hole, you’ll find an unexpected and fascinating surprise!

Watch the slideshow, I can’t spill the beans … but I gave you a hint in Part I when I said, “ …. discover what familiar icons I’m trying to HEAD you to”.   

A familiar thing looks strange but fun! This has been a fun activity for me.   Keep unleashing your creativity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment